Project "Esprit de Corps"
“Esprit de Corps” (n) a feeling of pride, fellowship, and common loyalty shared by the members of a particular group.
The goal of this project is to reduce veteran suicide that is estimated at 22 a day, more than double of the civilian population. How will this project accomplish this mission? By getting veterans involved with other veterans that they can talk to and relate to.
• Veterans that can talk to other veterans are less likely to commit suicide.
• Getting veterans out in the community and involved in projects also reduces the likelihood
of a veteran committing suicide.
• Giving a veteran a mission or purpose will reduce the likelihood of a veteran committing suicide.
So why a Jeepster???? Well for several reasons…
- Classic Jeep front end yet still unique
- Great value
- Easy to work on
- pre-1975 for emissions (important in CA
- Light weight
- Removable top
- 101 inch wheelbase just for reference an LJ which revered for its wheelbase is 103.4
1970 Jeep Jeepster Commando Wagon with Dauntless V6
2-door wagon body type
Wheelbase 101 inches
4×4 part-time (rear permanent, front engaged manually in off-road conditions), 3 speed TH400 automatic
axle ratios: automatic 3.31
Engine with displacement: 225.3 cui, advertised power: 160 hp, torque: 235 lb-ft
Dana 27 front axleRear axle Dana 44
10″ drum brakes all years 66-71, 5×5.5 bolt pattern with 15″ steel wheels, power brakes or manual brakes,
Dana 20 transfer case
Project named “Esprit de Corps” is solely funded by donations. If you would like to support this project please use the donate button below.